How to Wash Carpet At Home?
A neat and clean carpet of course makes your entire home decor look more attractive and gives you a satisfying feel. Most people avail themselves of professional cleaning services, to get their carpet clean, as they don’t know “How to Wash Carpet At Home?”, or they find it a difficult task to do. Cleaning your Carpet Flooring is not as difficult as it might seem, you just need a few things to get this task done.
Here in this article, you will get to know all about washing a carpet at home, with some home pantry things, and save a lot of money that you going to spend by hiring some professional cleaning services. There are some easy and simple ways to wash carpet at home and allow it to add some charm again to the interior of your home.
How to Wash Carpet At Home With Easy Method?
The ways given below are some quite simple and easy ways, help you to wash the carpet at home. To get this task, you won’t need some special equipment. These ways are so effective methods of How to Wash Carpet At Home? that you won’t only get your carpet free from soil particles, but also get your home carpet free from any type of stains.
1. Wash Carpet at Home Without Any Special Machine
If you don’t have a special washing/shampooing machine at your home. Don’t worry, you can do this washing task by using your old regular vacuum machine with some of the other things, i.e. baking soda, dishwashing soap, etc.
And, these are the “must-have” things in your kitchen. Go, get them, and start washing your living room carpet at home by following the steps given below.
- First thing first, get your carpet clean by a vacuum to remove all the dirt and debris so that it will be easy to wash the carpet at home.
- Secondly, treat all the stains from the carpet by sprinkling baking soda over them, or by using liquid dishwashing soap over them.
- Gush it until the bubble won’t come up
- Then, scrub the stains with a toothbrush or a scrubbing brush and wash them with warm water.
- Now, coming toward the main step, get your carpet wet enough to clean it, but make sure you do not soak it.
- Scrub it gently to remove all the soil particles, settle deep down.
- Rinse your carpet with warm water
- Turn all the fans on to let it get dry and vacuum the carpet again, in the last.
2. Wash Your Carpet at Home By Using Salt and Baking Soda
This is another simple way of How to Wash Carpet At Home? and to get your carpet very clean at home by using some home ingredients, i.e. salt, baking soda, dishwashing soap, etc.
Along with these things, you might need a scrubbing brush to wash a carpet of an entire room, and some old clean cloth/towel. When you are ready with all these ingredients, then start following the steps given below, and wash the carpet at home.
- First of all, mix up a tablespoon of liquid dishwashing soap into a spray bottle filled with warm water, and let it mix well.
- Treat the stains by sprinkling the baking soda over them, so that they come out easily during the washing process.
- Now, start spraying the solution of water and dishwashing soap over the entire carpet and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Then, take a brush and start scrubbing the carpet in one direction so that all the dirt, debris, and hair pile up, and make it easy for you to get your carpet free from them.
- Now, take a clean and dry towel and start pressing it over the carpet so that it will soak up all the soap solution.
- Now, again, give your carpet a wash but this time wash it with clean water and let it get dry.
Some Other Solutions Regarding, “Carpet Washing At Home”
The above-mentioned ways are the most effective and simple ones. No doubt, they going to take time, but they are the best methods because they save a lot of money. Also, you don’t have to invest in your modern carpet cleaners, either.
- You can use vinegar solution as it works in an efficient way to get your carpet clean. All you have to do is just mix one part of vinegar into eight equal parts of water. And apply the same cleaning steps as mentioned above.
- Another solution is the use of club soda by making a paste of it with some warm water and applying it to the stains. Add then, wash your entire carpet by using the solution of dishwashing soap and water.
- Use Any Carpet shampoo recommended by the manufacturer, if you don’t have the above things available at your home.
Things to Avoid While Washing Your Carpet At Home
While washing carpet at home, some people do the following mistakes, which ultimately lead to the short lifespan of the carpet. They may get the carpet clean temporarily but make their life much shorter, and it starts to wear out quickly because the fiber gets rough.
- Don’t Use Cold Water. Try to use warm water while cleaning because cold water doesn’t work in an efficient way and doesn’t allow your carpet to remove dirt and debris from it, thoroughly.
- Don’t Over Shampoo Your carpet because shampoo particles get settled down deep into the fiber of your carpet and won’t come out even after you get it washed with clean water. And, those settled shampoo particles ultimately causes the fiber to wear out quickly
- Don’t get your carpet soaked into the water, just make it wet enough to scrub gently
- Don’t scrub with tough hands because it may damage the fiber of your carpet
To Curl Up
These were the simplest methods of How to Wash Carpet At Home without doing much effort. Not only the easiest but also the safest ways, if you follow the steps accurately. There will be no use of chemicals, your carpet won’t get any damage, and you can get it clean easily and make your space look adorable again.